1210 Greenville Hwy | Hendersonville NC 28792 | (828)697-1592

Aesthetics Medical Spa © 2013  |  All Rights Reserved

    Estrogenhas an estimated four hundred crucial functions in the body. The ovaries make 60% of our estrogen while the other 40% comes from other sources, including the adrenal glands. Both estradiol and estrone are stimulatory estrogens especially to the breast and uterine tissue. Therefore, they should be used in small amounts and monitored properly. Estriol is not considered to be stimulatory and is believed to be protective against hormone-related cancers.

Effects on Skeletal System

  • Slows bone loss and assists calcium utilization 

Effects on Urogenital System

  • Increases thickness of vaginal wall
  • Reduces vaginal dryness and painful intercourse 
  • Decreases frequency of urinary tract infections 
  • Decreases frequent urination 

Effects on Glucose/Insulin

  • Increase water/moisture content of skin 
  • Increase collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid formation preventing wrinkles
  • Thickens skin 
  • Maintains eye health by preventing cataracts and macular degeneration 

Effects on Central Nervous System

  • Prevents memory disorder 
  • Increases neurotransmitters that improve mood, alertness, focus and attention 
  • Acts as an anti-depressant 

Cardiovascular Protection

  • Prevents heart disease by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol, increasing HDL (good) cholesterol, lowering tryglycerides 
  • Decreases other risks factors: homocysteine. lipoprotin (a)
  • Manages blood pressure 

Reproductive System

  • Creates the blood lining in the uterus and regulates menstrual cycles


Some Effects of Estrogen 

Estrogen